Fire units responded to a house fire that broke out because of an electrical wiring fault. And firefighters were on scene at 3:30 a.m. at a home in the 2900 block of Westminster Ave. Arriving crews reported smoke billowing from the attic of a two-story home.

Once inside the home, units discovered a small fire in the attic space of the home, which was contained immediately.

An adult male occupant was inside the home at the time the blaze sparked, whereas was able to make his way out safely.

Electrical wiring fault Has Sparked Norfolk House Fire

After a primary search of the building, firefighters conducted overhaul efforts which revealed some smoldering insulation in the attic because of the fire. The insulation was extinguished and crews removed fire damaged materials from the home as welll.

Investigators say the fire was electrical in nature and that the home did not have working smoke alarms. A response from Virginia Dominion Power was requested to turn off the electrical service to the home.

On account of the fire damage, the home is uninhabitable at this time. But fortunately, no one was injured.